This week's 100 Word Challenge from Julia (you can read the other entries here) is to write on the subject:
...in the dark recess of my mind...
By coincidence, I was kindly nominated for the Beautiful Bloggers Award by my fellow 100 Word Challenge writer, Anna Halford. To accept the award you have to thank your nominator - I do, I do; write 10 things about yourself that not many people know; and nominate six bloggers for the award.
As I've already written a blog including 10 things about me you didn't know, which you can read here, and as most of the nominated blogs on this thread are writers from the 100 Word Challenge, I thought I'd incorporate my 10 things about me into the challenge this week. And my nominated blogs will also be 100WC writers.
As usual, the prompt words are not included in the count of 100 words even though I have taken the liberty of repeating them a number of times. And of course we all know that numbers don't count ;~).
1. In the dark recess of my mind I wonder how my life came to be this.
2. In the dark recess of my mind I choose baby names for the sisters DD isn't going to have.
3. In the dark recess of my mind I'm sometimes satisfied that a beautiful and talented childhood friend grew up plain.
4. In the dark recess of my mind I'm smug that I have a daughter.
5. In the dark recess of my mind I worry about the impending sandwich situation approaching before DD is old enough.
6. In the dark recess of my mind I worry about the hand-to-mouth existence I'm living.
7. In the dark recess of my mind I think my daughter is the best.
8. In the dark recess of my mind I still think losing 20kg would magically transform my life into a fairytale.
9. In the dark recess of my mind I still believe what they said about me back then.
10. In the dark recess of my mind I really just want to be a housewife.
I nominate the following 100WC writers for the Beautiful Blogger Award. They are all beautiful bloggers and deserve it, but no obligation of course.
Julia Skinner from Julia's Place. The headmistress we all wish we had had, and the one who started all this 100 words business.
My friend Dancing In The Rain who guest posts on my blog, a wonderful writer and a strong woman. If you'd like to do it I'll post it for you.
Phil of Fragments from Firefly Phil for being such a clever and witty writer. I love his dry sense of humour and no nonsense approach.
Ronnie Tyler because aren't we all Hurtling Towards 60, and because she was the first one to turn the weekly 100WC into a novel.
Anna Tims the Adventures of a Middle-Aged Matron, because she'll kill me, she thinks I hate these things, and she's one of the funniest ladies I know.
Lisa at Woman Wielding Words, one of my favourite American bloggers and she wields them so skillfully.