Wednesday, September 26, 2012

OK, I'll Let Go

I spend quite a lot of time on facebook and I've read my fair share of these platitudes. I don't usually pay them much attention even if some of them are more poignant and/or cute than others. Mostly I find it just overkill to have a page of them breaking up the news and views of my friends and 'friends'. However, this one got to me. I think this is going to be my motto for the year. 

On the evening after the fast of Yom Kippur, the most solemn day in the Jewish calendar, I pledge to let go and let God. 


Written by Lauretta P. Burns


PS. Thank you to my lovely friend (no inverted commas) Minette for posting it.
PPS. When she says that God is her friend, she doesn't mean on facebook. #FYI


5 comments:

  1. Happy to have reposted it so you could see it... so you'll just have to put up with all the other things I repost. :-) You never know what will talk to someone. This really did speak to me right now. Glad it spoke to you too.
    Hugs!
    Minette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked all the ones you posted tonight. Btw, it's not just you, I have other friends who also like to repost these things so I see loads of them.

      Delete
  2. I tend to ignore these quotes too - the one I want to say 'dump the friend' goes something along the lines of true friends are ones you don't speak to all year and then you pick up the phone and everything is okay. Sorry, no one is that busy and if your'friend' can't be arsed to pick up the phone more than once I year they need to go! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL - I don't mind reading and ignoring them too much but it gets my goat when they tell me to like it or share it if I agree and ignore it if I don't. Then it says something like, "say no to child abuse." Sometimes I would like the option of a 'get lost' button.

      Delete