With 12 weeks exactly until January 1st 2013 (on Tuesday 9th Oct.), I took up Exmoor Jane's #DIYdetox challenge. No it's not juice fasts, coffee enemas and cayenne peppered grapefruit. According to Jane, it's not how much you eat but what you eat that counts. Or rather what you don't eat.
This week was better and not so good as last week. I lost another 900g (2lbs) and mostly kept to the plan but there were a few hiccoughs.
1. I lapsed about 4 times with the dairy. I had some things - kugels and pancakes mostly - in the freezer that had been made with quark. I took them out for DD who decided she didn't like them anymore. I couldn't throw away good food so I had to eat them. It wasn't loads but I did eat some quark. There are some left but I'll eat them at respectable intervals.
2. On the other hand, even when I said, "oh sod it, I'll eat the quarky pancakes," I didn't eat any meat or sugar. And even though I'd lapsed in the dairy department I didn't follow that with other cheese which we have in the fridge (DD loves her cheese).
3. I ran out of bread a few days ago and didn't buy any more for me. I mean wholewheat bread. For DD I've given up and she has a white roll for her school snack - the wholewheat rolls were coming back untouched and she eats the white ones. (DD - 1: Mummy - 0).
4. I cut right down on the coffee (1/2 tspn/day) and was half way through washing up the cup yesterday when I remembered that that was my last coffee. I'm strangely satisfied with my green tea - who knew that would happen?
5. That plan not to eat after 6pm went out the window. I'll try again this week.
Good. Not walking on air yet but not bloated like last week. Maybe it's because I've cut down on the bread. I'm not promising not to buy more but for now I'm OK with my crackers - until they run out. Then I'll have to make a decision.
I am amazed that I cannot bring myself to touch anything with sugar in it even when I'm looking for anything to eat and there is ice-cream in the freezer. I'm still eating too much but nothing illegal. If only I could pinpoint the motivation that is making this project too important for me to cheat.
Goals for the coming week:
1. No coffee. I don't think I'll be giving up the green tea until I can think of a satisfactory alternative.
2. No bread this week. (I will be eating crackers and pasta though).
3. Trying not to eat after 6pm again. (We eat supper between 5pm and 6pm).
4. Make a meal plan for the week as winging it leads to eating more.
Pictures from Google Images.