Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FashionABLE - A Different Opportunity

When Michelle told me that the ONEMums mission would include a visit to FashionABLE I was hoping she would write about it. I am a big scarves person, I have a whole drawer full of them. And now when I choose a scarf to wear DD has to choose a scarf for herself to wear too.

Michelle writes that she could have been Mulu but for the luck of geography.  We all could have been a Mulu. I know that whatever it takes to provide for my daughter I would do, even if it's something I hate, in the face of no other opportunity.

Watch the short Youtube clip below about the FashionABLE story, about a different opportunity...






On another topic. The Thunderclap mystery is solved. I found out what happens if 100 people sign the Thunderclap below in support of ONE.org by October 22nd. If we get 100 supporters all our combined social outreach (see the number at the bottom) will receive a tweet or fb message asking them to support ONE.org International. Is that awesome or is that awesome? So please join and spread the word. 3% (the participation so far) means only 3 names. Not brilliant with only 12 days to go. I thank thee in advance.

Related posts: 
Where You Live Determines If You Live
Lend Us Your Voice
Living Proof

A Simple Idea - MaryJoy


10 comments:

  1. Great post Rachel, thanks for supporting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome - it's a very exciting mission and organization. I'd not heard of it before but I love what ONE does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for highlighting this... One sounds like an amazing organization... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and thanks for joining the Thunderclap.

      Delete
  4. Done the thunderclap, drafting the blogpost, now all I need is to learn how to tie a scarf. Seriously, it's one of those things I cannot seem to master, and am always jealous of French women as a result x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing the thunderclap - I'm not sure we're going to make it at this rate. I know what you mean about French women, I just wrap the scarf over my shoulders like a shawl.

      Delete
  5. So, you're a scarf person? A new thing to learn about you! I've just done the Thunderclap. From a different twitter account in error! That means I can do it again though, don't tell ;-)

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love scarves but I'm not very good at them. About Thunderclap - hooray! Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I love scarves too. Have so many, I am thinking of buying a fancy curtain rod to hang them from as a wall decoration!
    It's great you have been supporting ONE Rachel. You have certainly raised awareness.
    Gillyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gilly, I hope I've done some good somewhere down the line.

      Delete