This is what I wrote on Wednesday when I displayed my hoard of new books:
The celebrations were low key exactly as I wanted and the presents... each one was perfect.
Exactly what I would have chosen myself.
Well, I also got silicone for my birthday.
As this was my 50th I wasn't shy in speaking up.
I wanted silicone. It's all the rage here. Everyone's been talking about how fantastic it is.
We've had long discussions on Facebook about how it changes your life.
You can't ask just anyone for a present like this so I turned to my very good friend, S.
Thank you S - you have changed my life in ways I never could have imagined.
|My wonderful new silicone broom|
|Close up of the broom head|
|Sweeping mechanism detail|
No one sent us this broom to review, S paid for it fair and square. However, a few words about how fantastic it is:
1. It sweeps up all the dust and hair without getting them all entangled in it's head.
2. You can sweep the carpet (especially useful when your 3yo has been making confetti).
3. It's not as bulky as a traditional broom so it fits further under furniture more easily.
4. The head unscrews and you just rinse it under the tap.
5. If you have ceramic floors you can throw some soapy water about and wash the floor with it.
6. No risk of breast cancer or rupture with this type of silicone. And my old bras still fit.