Wednesday, October 24, 2012

#TheGallery - Books

The theme at The Gallery this week is Books. I've been meaning to write about some of the presents I received on my recent milestone birthday. This birthday was was all about me. The celebrations were low key exactly as I wanted and the presents... well each one was perfect, exactly what I would have chosen myself. 

Books are always a welcome present and a few friends clubbed together to give me a generous gift token from a well known online book store (Amazon if you pay me I'll make the link). The picture includes books I've chosen so far. I still have $24 left to spend.

Other friends bought me The Book of New Israeli Food. I love that book (I even featured it here) but I already have it (a birthday present from last year) so I exchanged it for a collection of smaller books.

Altogether quite a hoard. Thanks everyone who contributed to these two presents. Now I just have to find the time to read.

Books for my birthday
This is the reason I don't have time to read like I used to
Btw, Another Life is a YA book by my good friend Keren David. It's the third book in the When I Was Joe trilogy. #Justnamedropping

17 comments:

  1. what a great collection - I am expecting book reviews to appear on your blog soon!
    Happy Birthday!!! sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you missed it - it was already 7 weeks ago. I'm just still going on about it. Thanks though.

      Delete
  2. Your going to be busy reading that little lot! Enjoy them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Problem is I keep wasting valuable reading time online.

      Delete
  3. Lovely, lovely collection - I'm itching to immerse myself in fiction again - it's finding the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children and blogging - both barriers to having a good old read of a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel it looks like a delicious collection. I can't wait for your feedback and recommendations. As you know I LOVE books. I enjoyed The Lost Wife and Year Of Wonders is one of my all time favorites.
    Enjoy!
    Gilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Gilly, I looked at your blog post about your 10 favourite recent reads before I chose. I probably got the idea of choosing those two from you. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Books always make great presents.

    I've decided to go ahead with NaNoWriMo. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo! I hope you like it.
    Of course you should do NaNoWriMo. What have you got to lose?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not the month that scares me, it's that I only have four days to clean my house and organise my life in a way that it won't interfere with NaNoWriMo. I couldn't do it with housework hanging over me and lessons to plan, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books are the best present! I hope you had a truly lovely day! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I did - it was so long ago now I can't remember. I''m just milking it still for blog fodder. Maybe that means I didn't make a big enough noise at the time?

    ReplyDelete