Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Candelabra Knish

I'm joining in with The Gallery over at Sticky Fingers this week. The totally inappropriate (for me) prompt is:

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Of course we don't do Christmas, although I miss it as you can read in my post from last year: I'm the Christmas Cinderella. However, it got me thinking. What does Christmas look like at our place? Well basically, it looks like Hanukkah. 
The themes of Hanukkah would be lighting the candles on the menorah; playing dreidels (spinning tops); eating latkes (potato pancakes like rosties) and doughnuts; and presents. I have pictures of all of these but nothing as original as this menorah created and photographed by my friend Minette Stern. It's a giant potato knish (or burekas) in the shape of the Hanukkah menorah. Absolutely yum! Thanks Minette and happy Hanukkah! xxx


And here's some dreidel playing by DD and photographed by me. See the Hanukka booty bottom right.


18 comments:

  1. Ooh your photo is making me hungry. I've never tried Potato Knish but I really want to now. Your DD is so cute! Happy Hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andie. Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete
  2. That knish is a work of art. So glad you put it on your blog for all to see.
    GIlly

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK that's amazing. Knish - what a fantastic word!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of describes when you want to eat it - when you're feeling like you need a good knish or something knishy.

      Delete
  4. That menorah looks fantastic, and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look fantastic but sadly I didn't get to partake in the eating.

      Delete
  5. After seeing that photo all I can think about is sausages.... I know it isn't sausages, but........ ;-)

    Great post as usual m'dear.

    Liska xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It could easily be made with sausage rolls or any other filling. Ta Luv.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Menorah looks yummy indeed, and DD looks lovely as ever - she's such a sweetheart! Sorry I have been absent of late in your comments - have had a very, very busy couple of weeks! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks OM and don't worry about the commenting - I've also had a slow down recently. December is exhausting.

      Delete
  8. Oh my! An edible Candelabra - I am in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking that you could make a Christmas tree knish...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really, really delicious. I'd quite like to forget Christmas at times too!

    ReplyDelete