Thursday, March 26, 2015

Back In The Zone Week 2

Two weeks ago Emma (A Matter of Choice) and I challenged each other to shape up for the summer. You can read Emma's progress here. Last week I did her a big favour by losing 6.4lbs in a week and provoking  her to take up the gauntlet. To be fair, Emma has much less to lose than I do so she doesn't have to lose big amounts every week.

After last week's spectacular start I only lost 2 lbs this week (almost 1kg). However that is 8.4 lbs altogether and only 3 1/2 lbs away from where I was back in October when I lost 14lbs (and regained 12 of them). In 3 1/2 more pounds the weight loss ticker on the side will be accurrate again. (Those of you who can do the maths now know how much weight I need to lose).

I've crossed into one lower stone which feels good. The challenge for this week is to reach the half stone in this scale section. Sorry I can't give actual numbers yet, I'm just too embarrassed to admit where I'm at atm.

I'm not following any special diet or doing any extra exercise, just eating less and specifically not eating anything after a light early supper. This has meant lots of early nights as getting comfortable in bed with a good book is the best deterrent to eating. I've also read that the more rested you are the easier it is to lose weight. Not sure if this is a biological thing whereby a rested body uses up the calories more efficiently or a psychological thing whereby exhaustion has you running to the kitchen for a pick-me-up. Who cares as long as it works.

So that's the lowdown for this week. Not so lowdown but definitely lower down than last week. See you back here next Thursday for the next installment. And good luck to Emma for the coming week too. 

12 comments:

  1. Well done, a 2lb loss is great. I have always said that losing 2lb a week is what I aim for, some weeks may be less and some may be more but if it averages out to 2lb thats perfect. I think it much easier to maintain at that rate than a rapid loss. I lost my 4st at almost exactly 2lb a week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. I know you're right but it's hard not to be impatient. Looking forward to reading about your week.

      Delete
    2. Its up now, am improvement on last weeks, but that doesn't make it impressive!

      Delete
    3. YOu don't need to be impressive you just need to be consistant in this game. Well done.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are following a good plan. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works for a few weeks and then you have to up the ante. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. well done you're doing great - I'll be weighing in next Tuesday managed to run for 10 minutes without stopping but tummy is still way too big x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You and I are more evenly matched weight wise. But I don't run so you've got the edge. If you write on Tuesday I'll include you in our team and link. Good luck. (ON the other hand, Emma and I are facing summer in about 4 weeks so we're in more of a panic.

      Delete
    2. The running has lost inches but nothing weight wise but then its really cranking up so hopefully I should notice a difference. I highly recommend the C25k app is so easy to follow and you'll be amazed - I can now 'jog' for 10 minutes and touch wood no injuries. Yes you and Emma are closer to summer than me! x okay that's a deal re the link as need a right kick up the arse! x

      Delete
  4. Ohh well done Rachel, such a great start and yes I love to move into the next stone bracket too. You have a good motivator there in Emma. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh well done on your weight loss so far, you are doing amazing! It's lovely to have a buddy with you on a weight loss journey, certainly helps spur you on! Hope you are having a good week! :) Sim #WeightLossWednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 pounds!!! Go you. I think I need to join in. Saw your comment just now. Seems we're both up late xxx

    ReplyDelete