Friday, April 3, 2015

Back In The Zone Week 3

It's been a complete disaster this week. We've been in London and I've been going out to eat with friends almost every night. After having lost 8.4lbs in the first 2 weeks, by yesterday I'd gained back 4lbs. Another meal out last night left me so despondent about the weight gain that I finished the evening with my head in a packet of crisps and my hands on the cheese in the fridge.

On a hopeful note, Pesach (Passover) starts today and I have 4 things going for me:

1. We are allowed no bread for the next 8 days.
2. I hate all the Pesach cookies and cakes.
3. We will be staying with my sister where I don't help myself to food from the fridge in the way I do at my Mum's house.
4. No eating out allowed either - not even buying a small snack.

I do usually lose weight over Pesach as I've never liked the sweet stuff on offer for this festival. On the other hand matza crackers with butter and cheese... But I won't go there. I. will. not. eat. matza. butter. and. cheese. this. week.

I hope Emma had a better week (you're very quiet this week Emma). And also good luck to Natasha who is upping the ante by running as well as dieting. And good luck to me for a better week ahead.

10 comments:

  1. Hi I commented yesterday but was logged into different email address and urgh... anyhow, my sister put ALL her weight back on and some remember the low carb diet and the nice before and after. She is now yet again back on the low carb as "it's the only thing that works" Really? Kat remember who lost 4 stone in 4 months - again was all back on in the space of year and is now embarking on another give us your money and we'll send you food and you again can put it all back on. My point is yes its not great but it is a blip and wouldn't you rather have these than losing tons of weight to put it all on and more. You're get there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right and I shall back in the zone before Thursday, Thank you xx

      Delete
  2. p.s I've eaten a shed load of stuff this weekend so out of the zone I will be for Tuesday I suspect on on a positive I can now 'jog' for 21 minutes without stopping x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 21 minutes is very impressive. I can maybe jog for 2.1 on a good day. :(

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh you were in London. I hope despite the weight gain you had a grand old time. Looking forward to catching up with you xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will reveal all next week - this week is too crazy. xxx

      Delete
  4. I hear you. I've lost a few pounds myself recently, over a month or so and it only took 3/4 days away to put most of it back on! so annoying, but I'm back in the zone now too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes good luck indeed but so ncie to hear you are over here with family and I hope having a great time. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck over Pesach, and I hope you do manage the weight loss that you hope for xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a brilliant time in London, I think Pesach will definitely help by the sounds of things! :)

    ReplyDelete