Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Two Dieting Days

Two weeks ago I wrote this post about the beginning of our (me and my international celebrity weight-loss buddy) 15 week diet until September 1st. I wrote how I'd considered it to be a good dieting day even though I'd had multiple cheats and eaten all DD's leftovers for supper. Turns out it wasn't a successful way to go and with a couple of big events since then, I blew it.

However, June the 1st is a fantastic date to really start. I'd not heard from my celebrity weight-loss buddy so I thought I might have lost her. But no, despite also having some big events involving disrupted schedules and catered food, she is still on board. Unlike me, she has been doing some gentle exercise so I hope to hear some good news from her soon.

I decided I need to stick to the diet as all this being flexible was not working at all. So on Monday 1st June, at 1lb more than I'd been when I started two weeks previously - but happy about it because it's always good to start on an even number :~P, I headed resolutely into the zone, where I intend to stay for the duration. Same regime as described here.

On Monday morning I really did make that porridge. I didn't fancy it, I couldn't be bothered with making it, but I did it anyway. And it was delicious. I made far too much. I put in 1 cup of dry oats which cooks with 2 cups of water so I had whopping 3 cupfulls of porridge.

I also cooked into the porridge a spoonfull of the leftover Herbalife milkshake powder that is too expensive to throw away but I've lost the desire for the milkshake.

At lunchtime I had to force myself to eat the baked potatoes (I didn't have a big one so I baked 3 small(ish) ones) with butter as I was still full from breakfast. I was a bit worried that I was using three times the amount of butter because I was using three times the amount of butter but hey-ho. I couldn't be bothered to make a salad to go with it though.

For supper I had that salad with a couple of hard boiled eggs. No cooked veg today but I did finish off  DD's apple and orange. I also had 2 teas with milk and 2 coffees with milk throughout the day. Oh, and I licked the the inside of the lid of DD's yogurt, as you do.

I've no idea how many calories this came to - probably about 1,000. Never mind that, I was down 2lbs on Tuesday morning!

Yesterday, Tuesday 2nd June, I cooked only 1/2 cup of porridge oats and I switched the baked potatoes for pasta, using olive oil instead of butter. This morning I was another 1lb down.

Today (yes I know this is the third day) I didn't have the porridge, just coffee, I had the salad and tuna for lunch. I'm so excited to jump on the scales tomorrow that I could quite see myself skipping supper this evening, having already eaten DD's egg yolks and finished her apple and orange again.

Wish me good luck for the rest of this evening. Feeling in control and happy. Over and out.


8 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck. I've lost 35 lbs on Weight watchers over the past two years. It's still up and down and sadly I have a lot more to lose . . . but just so you know, their recommendation is around 1/4 cup of uncooked oats for the porridge. I've found that I've gotten used to that amount as the standard breakfast amount and that has really helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you. Good to know about the porridge. The half cup was plenty yesterday so I'd be willing to go down to a quarter of a cup to try it.

      Delete
  2. I hope the evening has been a good one. I'm off to see my doc in the morning to have some dicsussion around weight issues. I so need to get this body sorted! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't say good luck because it's not luck it's us. This is the summer we're going to lick it Mich. It's now or another miserable season at the pool and beach (in your case at the lake).

      Delete
  3. From Sherrie (The comment got lost but I copied from the email notification).

    It's also an age thing. Diets that showed immediate and fast results 5 years ago, don't work so well now - and, when you stop, the weight goes back on really fast - much faster than before!! For those of you in England, slimming world seems to be a great on-going eating plan where one loses enormous amounts of weight over time and then keeps it off!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherrie, i totally agree about the age thing - I'm in denial but it's certainly a factor. I did SW once and it did work but I can't be doing with all that choice atm.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you all the luck in the world with your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. I commented on your post about not doing Slimfast but it didn't appear. It may have gone to spam.

      Delete