Saturday, November 7, 2015

Make It A Habit

After being expelled from the diet group - which wasn't really a diet group but a healthy lifestyle group, I started my own fb group along similar lines - Make It A Habit. Our new group isn't just about healthy lifestyle choices it's about developing any new habit that will add to your life. It could be to do with diet and exercise or it could be to do with work, housework, parenting, a hobby, etc...

My original chosen habit was to eat three small meals a day with no snacks in between. The first week with the original fb group was extremely successful - I kept to it for almost the full week and lost 5.2lbs in weight.

When I started Make It A Habit I was already one week in. In this group you post your progress for three weeks - because I read somewhere that 21 days is enough to turn a chore into a habit. This second week was more of a trial. For one thing, as the group leader, I was less motivated to sign in every day. I do like a bit of encouragement from above but I am the above in this group. Despite this I lost a very healthy 1.8lbs. (7lbs in total over 2 weeks - woohoo.)

Luckily some the other members of the group are being supportive and leaving encouraging comments so this coming week I pledge to sign in every day with a resounding, "I did it! And I'm already thinking ahead to next week's new habit which will be about starting to fine tune the menus of my three meals a day.

We are as yet a very small group and some members have not yet commited to choosing a habit. However, those that are participating are already seeing great results.

If you'd like to join our little group, please find Make It A Habit on facebook and I'll let you in if you look legitimate. 

18 comments:

  1. well done for keeping your motivation!
    I am part of a group about trying to fit fitness into your daily busy life and it has helped me so much, just seeing people completing their workouts each day makes me feel like i need to do mine, so feeling so much better for it!
    #singleparentlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Groups definitely help I find. Well done on your fitness progress.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good group! I may have to join you as need to lose a couple of stone before my half marathon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh it sounds good, as long as you don't expell me after 5 days! I'll come find you. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never expell you Michelle. Come join us.

      Delete
  4. Are we friends on FB, I can't find you and I have tons of groups coming up with that same name and none of them show you as a member, can you find me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find your personal page either but I've left a private message with a link on your blog fb page. If you find me on fb I will gladly friend you.

      Delete
  5. Oh I really hoped you'd start it. Am going to request to join, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is brilliant! Well done you, on both counts. 1-2 lbs weight loss per week is very healthy. Your group sounds very supportive, especially to those who haven't yet committed to choosing a habit. I will to give that some thought before I ask to join! The best of luck with it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazzy, and you are welcome to join at any time.

      Delete
  7. Well done on the weight loss and on setting up a group that will surely help lots of others xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be helping the others more than me atm. I need to try harder.

      Delete
  8. Well done on the loss, I seriously need to get my big bum into gear and commit to something and try to lose a few hundred lbs!
    #singleparentlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, a few hundred pounds. It feels like that sometimes doesn't it?

      Delete
  9. Thumbs up to you. Well written tips and well described. i like your tagline that you have made that Make it a habit. IVF Center in India has become the most prominent procedure for improving the fertility.

    ReplyDelete