Saturday, June 18, 2016

Reasons 2B Cheerful - Getting Organized

1. I have been teaching in a school two days a week and that contract has come to an end for the summer whereas DD still has school until 4.30 for another two weeks. This is the time for me to get organized, catch up. clean out, re-arrange, etc...

2. I'm reclaiming my spare room as a spudy. Since starting to rent out the spare room to paying guests a couple of years ago, I've not had a proper office space. This is mostly due to the fact that I didn't have a spare desk or table to use for it as I probably could have found some space in the salon or in my bedroom.... had I had a spare desk or table. So my lap top and papers are permanently strewn all over the salon and dining table. It's starting to get out of control and when my space is out of control I cannot function.

Next year one of my nephews will be studying in Jerusalem and I want my spare bedroom to be free so that he can come and stay over whenever he wants. I'm also expecting more family visits from the nephew's parents (i.e. my sister and brother-in-law) and Grandma is coming for Chanuka. Also, it's nice to have my out-of-town friends stay over if they want to. And we need our privacy for a bit. It's fun having guests - they're usually really nice and very interesting but it's also great to have our own space.


3. After a disappointing visit to the stationers where I found some extremely unscrupulous diary goings-on, I've been preparing my Bullet Journal. A friend on facebook commented how her new 18 month diary doesn't start until June 27th (that being the Monday directly before July 1st) and she can hardly wait for it. I suddenly realized that if I'm making it myself, I don't have to wait until the new(ish) year in September or even until July 1st. I can start now! Woohoo! So I did.

4. After being derailed by the festival of Shavuot (Pentecost) I am back to juicing.

Obviously each of these R2BCs are blog posts in themselves and I will deliver over the next week. Meanwhile there are more R2BCs over at Lakes Single Mum.

Wishing you all a cheerful weekend and a cheerful week ahead. xxx


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about making the most of child free days to get sorted! Its the only way we are ever going to have a tidy home ;-)
    My study is in my room but my room so cluttered I can't use it... Need to resolve that before September..
    Enjoy your journalling I've never tried it.. As for juicing I must add a few to my weekly menus..
    Thanks for joining in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I say Bulrt Journal, it's not journaling as in leeping a daily diary of what happened. It's just a fancy diary for planning but with space to include intentions, goals, lists, tracking progress, etc....

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your free two weeks - I'm always celebrating an empty house too, when I can get things done in peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would have thought that hours of light housework and general pottering could be so pleasurable?

      Delete