Monday, August 13, 2012

The Plot Unravels

A month ago I wrote a post called The Empty Plot. It was about how they only had six weeks to build DD's new nursery on a disused playground opposite us. I waited and waited for some building activity and nothing happened. Then today, just after lunch, in the middle of our First Proper Playdate, I heard the music of metal on tarmac. We rushed outside to watch, me frantically grabbing my camera like a blogging pro. It had begun!



I was a bit concerned later when the excavator (as I was informed by our 3yo playdate visitor when I called it a digger) started to attack the tree. I hoped it wasn't going to uproot the whole thing but it turned out to be a mere pruning.





At the end of the day all the tarmac had been removed and the site looked like this. My apartment was covered in a not so thin film of dust and I suddenly realized that I would not be hanging any washing out to dry for a few days. But it is exciting nevertheless. I'll keep you posted.



10 comments:

  1. Exciting keep us posted and pics - off into blog wilderness be back September with bikini pic - urgh!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The promise of the bikini pic is keeping me going Natasha. Enjoy your holiday!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, hope it gets built in time!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks exciting! Bet there's lots of anticipation in your house! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and lots of running to the balcony to see what happening now.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that this is going ahead! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, although 'going ahead' is a little too open-ended for me. :)

      Delete
  5. they certainly do wait to the last minute, don't they?
    :-)
    Yael

    ReplyDelete