Monday, December 24, 2012

Twas The Night Before Christmas

Obviously this is the prompt for this week's 100 Word challenge:

Twas The Night Before Christmas...

There are plenty of people in Jerusalem celebrating Christmas, but for the majority it's just another working day. Most people aren't even aware of the date. I wish a very merry, happy, healthy Christmas to all those celebrating. A productive day at work tomorrow to everyone in Israel who isn't. And please pop over to Julia's Place to see the other entries. 




Twas the night before Christmas

Jesus was born just down the road. It's 10 minutes in the car. After kindergarten today we went to storytime in the library and changed books for the week. 

DD ate supper watching Shrek. I was thinking, shall I bring in the washing that isn't quite dry or risk leaving it out overnight?

Bathtime, stories in bed, lights out, and DD was asleep by 7.30. Great, no oversleeping in the morning and I'll get an early start. A couple of hours accomplished on the computer. It's getting cold now so I'm off to bed too. Busy day at work tomorrow. 



19 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. Hope next year is more peaceful for you X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited Jesus' birth place when I visited Israel back in 1998.

    A very happy Christmas to you.
    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to go to Bethlehem regularly but now it's out of bounds for security reasons. Shame.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know - at least we should get the day off to watch the telly, right?

      Delete
  4. A good reminder that it isn't holiday time for everyone. Wishing you peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SJ - I'll settle for peace and happiness. :)

      Delete
  5. The municipal "Santa float" just rode by in my extremely Orthodox neighborhood. Santa looked subdued. I think my neighborhood is a good place for him to rest his arms, so he can wave enthusiastically in the other parts of town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know it's happening out there for those who want to embrace it. I was invited to the carol singing at the YMCA but I'm not free to just pop out to these things anymore.

      Delete
  6. A wonderful reality check ... thinking of you and wish you and your family well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you had a festive and joyful day despite the rain.

      Delete
  7. Thinking of you and DD, and wishing that 2013 is more peaceful for your entire region. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was watching a film about Bethlemhem the other night and saw that massive wall that separates it from you and I had no idea, I am so out of touch I'm embarassed to say.

    I hope you are having a fab week. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich, as the post implies it's just an ordinary one hear. I hope yours really is fab though.

      Delete
  9. Not sure if you meant it this way, but to me your story contrasted the real meaning of Christmas with the ordinariness of what people often see and do at Christmas, missing the awesome joy of that very small thing.

    My story was written for another writing exercise but fits in here. I hope you enjoy it.

    janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am writing from Israel where most of us are Jewish so we don't celebrate Christmas at all. I was writing about how it's just another ordinary working day despite bring 10 mins from Bethlehem where it all started.

      Delete
  10. http://sustainabilitea.wordpress.com/2012/12/19/friday-fictioneers-twas-the-night-before-christmas/

    Forgot to add the link.

    janet

    ReplyDelete