Friday, December 4, 2015

Turning Seven Tidbits #37

1
I send DD to Young Scientists' Club once a week after school because girls don't have to do only ballet, art, and piano, right? The first week she came home with a windmill they'd contstructed themselves with a perpetual motion device made with a weight on a string that wound and unwound itself on a stick that the arms were fixed to. The srting was held to the stick with a bead. 
DD: Do I really need to keep this windmill? I mean what do I need it for?
Me: It's interesting to see how it works but you don't have to keep it.
DD: Good, so I can take it apart and throw it away?
Me: Yes if you want to.
DD: I want to because I need that bead to make a necklace.

Birthday doughnuts instead of a cake
2
Me (In a deep southern drawl): Well lookee here
DD: You're exactly like Apple Jack except that you don't like moving very much. Well actually you're more like Granny Smith.

Cake for school birthday party
3
Me: Happy Birthday!
DD: Finally I'm not the youngest in my class anymore.

Hours of imaginative play with Barbie-type dolls
4
DD (Holding up her new Barbie doll): I must go to the mall I need some new shoes.


9 comments:

  1. Happy B'day.....May all special things come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely post you shared here! Thanks for the photos. Anyway, my youngest is going to turn 5 and she is demanding an outdoor party. Please friends help me by sharing some affordable Chicago event space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anyone is in Chicago and reading this blog .... :/

      Delete
  3. Girls will be girls it seems! Belated birthday greetings to your gorgeous and very funny daughter :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and we are so into Barbies and Disney Princesses now. Thanks Jazzy xx

      Delete
  4. From Margie in Toronto - just wondered if you had seen this article in The Guardian - it's further to your issue with your students. Thought it made some really good points.

    http://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/2015/dec/18/my-students-have-paid-9000-and-now-they-think-they-own-me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks very interesting. I will definitely read it, thanks Margie xx

      Delete
  5. This did make me laugh! A very Happy Birthday wish for your daughter (albeit belated).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family xxx

      Delete