Saturday, February 29, 2020

Dear Meghan, I'm Sorry

Here's a picture of a Peacock in Kew Gardens
Dear Meghan,
I am so sorry that everyone is against you. Of course nothing is your fault.

You are estranged from your Father's family and now Harry, who had a close relationship with both his brother and his grandmother, is alienating his family. But it's not your fault. I can't think why they should be upset when you call their family a toxic environment.

Britain gave you a fairy tale wedding and spent several million pounds on the house you were gifted by the nation, via the Queen. But now I hear that we are all racists and we hated you from the start. I'm so sorry that we didn't give you enough.

On you tour of the poorest regions of Africa, where people don't have enough water to drink, you explained that you were struggling, and not thriving. I'm so sorry. No wonder you found kinship with those poor African villagers.

I respect your need for privacy and a normal family life, away from the constant glare and judgement of the media. By and large, the UK media, at least, has left you alone, not bothering you at all as you continue to jet around the world, leaving your son with his nanny. I'm sorry that the paps who you say are hiding in the bushes outside your house, don't know the meaning of privacy and normal family life. This is not your fault obviously.

And lastly I applaud your innovative travel organization, Travelyst, that promotes environmentally responsible travel. Of course most of Britain is already environmentally responsible when it comes to their leisure time. Many cannot afford to go away at all so they might take the bus down to the seaside for the day. Others get on the train or take the car and explore places around our beautiful islands, camping, caravaning, B&B, in holiday parks, or comfortable guest houses and family run hotels. You probably don't know any of these people but that's not your fault.

I sincerely hope you get what you deserve in the future.
Midlife xxx

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it better!
    At least my Govt. seems to have come to their senses about something and are now refusing to pay for their security costs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as I've said before, it's like watching a disaster movie in slow motion.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love your blog today. I agree with Margie from Toronto - I couldn't have said it better!
    Myra from Winnipeg, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And today there is more news. It just gets worse and worse. Thanks Myra.

      Delete