Saturday, September 5, 2015

Bubbles In The Bath

DD was in the bath on Friday afternoon while I was on the laptop down the corridor. Suddenly I heard her blowing bubbles with her mouth under the water level.

Then she added sound to the bubbling. And then she started singing bubbles.

DD to herself: Wow! I didn't even realize you could do that!

I was smiling to myself in the other room, even though it's a bit gross when you think about it.

Next she tried out speaking bubbles: Hell blub blub blub ooo Mu blub blub blub meeee. That wasn't so satisfying so went went back to singing.

I put it on facebook and one friend replied that she remembered her older sister showing her how to do that when they were in the bath together. She added that that's even grosser if you think about it. I replied that it's less gross than when I asked DD to come out of the swimming pool to drink some water and she replied: No need, I've already drunk a lot of the pool.

When I went to get her out of the bath DD asked me: Did you know you can make singing bubbles under water?

Me: Yes I did.

DD: How did you know that?

Me: Do you think I didn't do the same thing when I was a little girl?

DD: Well I'm not a little girl, I'm 6, but I still enjoyed it.

4 comments:

  1. So cute, and I'd love to know her definition of 'little' - presumably any age younger than hers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, and she said it so matter of factly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fascination at the new little discoveries.... even she's as 'old' as six!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She regards herself as a full partner in this household. LOL

      Delete