Friday, April 12, 2019

R2BC - General Good Stuff

The Beresheet Space Lander aborted and with it went my Reasons 2B Cheerful this week. And the political party I voted for - Gesher - didn't even pass the threshold to get one seat in the Knesset. Otoh, we got to the moon (first country to crash on the moon. Hooray, a first!) and we still live in a democracy which is a huge deal.

So with the R2BC linky over at Mich's Mummy from the Heart for the month of April, here are mine for this week.

1
I Didn't Know This
I found out that they take polling boxes to women's shelters so that the women don't have to go out in public if they can't. Also, in every city there is a safe polling station for people who feel threatened by going to their local station in case they meet a dangerous ex, family member, or previous attacker/abuser. How amazing is that? To know that your vote is important when you're perhaps feeling at your most low and vulnerable is truly a wonderful thing.

2
If At first You Don't Succeed...
The first thing everyone involved in SpaceIL said after the failed moon landing was: Next time.... We are delayed, not defeated.

3
Holidays!
The Passover (Pesach) school holidays have started. DD is out and about with her friends - mostly in the park on roller blades but also in each other's homes just hanging out. What's new is that I don't have to take her or supervise. She makes her own arrangements on her own phone and off she goes. Fantastic!

4
Fling Open The Windows
The rains have finally stopped for a while and we can throw open the doors and windows to begin spring cleaning (we call it Pesach cleaning) in earnest.

5
Fun In The Supermarket
The Pesach foods which have to be separated from the normal foods, are in the supermarkets. It's fun to walk around my local super and find the shelves in complete chaos. Nothing is in its usual place, food groups are split up and put wherever there's a space. It's kinda fun.

That's it for today. Have a great week y'all.


13 comments:

  1. I love hearing your insights to life in Jerusalem, some parts are do different. Fab that DD can now be more self sufficient, I'm finding the same with my girls and it's a little odd! (But good generally) Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is still a little odd but I'm enjoying the novelty of it. I still need to know where she is and where she's going so she's not entirely a free spirit.

      Delete
    2. No of course not, nor with my girls. x

      Delete
  2. It's lovely when our children start to show their independence ,isn't it? Unfortunately it comes with attitude lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD is growing up so fast! Great to see her on the rollerblades and hear that she's organising her own social life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and she's loving it too. Thanks Candi. xx

      Delete
  4. Your first R2BC is amazing. It had never occurred to me that those arrangements would be needed. Lucky me never to have been in a position to need them. It has really made me think how easy it is to be disenfranchised so thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had't thought of it that way round. And I agree that it's amazing - it blew my mind when I found out.

      Delete
  5. I couldn't refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You haven't posted in a bit so wondered if everything was ok? I imagine you are just very busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sorry, we were away and I don't like announcing when we're not at home. I have a blog post planned in my head about all the guilt involved when you go away. :p

      Delete