Thursday, December 8, 2011

Whisky Lovers' Christmas Fruit Cake

Recipe Shed time again and this week it's right up my alley - not. Christmas Recipes! Being Jewish, I'm not cooking up a storm for a festival we don't celebrate (much) so I thought I'd share this fantastic Whisky Lovers' Christmas Fruit Cake recipe with you for pure fun. I didn't write it myself, it went round the internet about five years ago with no name attached. If anyone knows the origin I will be happy to give credit where it is most definitely due. Meanwhile it's too good a recipe to keep to myself for lack of an author.

Check the quality of the whisky!
Ingredients:
8oz self-raising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup dried fruit
Itsp baking powder
lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
4 large eggs
1tsp salt
1 bottle whisky (sample whisky to check quality)

Method:
Take a large bowl. Check whisky again for validity to be sure it is of the highest quality. Pour 1 level cup and drink. Repeat just to make sure.

Turn on electric mixer and beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 peastoon of sugar and beat again. Make sure whisky is still ok. Cry another tup. Turn off mixer, break 2 leggs and add to the bowl, then chuck in the cup of fried drute. Mix in the turner, check shisky. If fruit gets stuck in the beaters, pry loose with a screwdriver. sample whisky again to check tonsisticity and to make shure it hasn't gone off.

Next shift 2 cups of salt or something - who cares! Check whisky again. Now sift the lemon juice and strain the nuts. Add 1 babblespoon of brown sugar or whatever colour you can find. Wix mell. Grease oven. Turn cake pan 350 gredees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window. Check whisky again and bo to ged.

Note: A rootle of bum say be mubstituted for tthththeee whissssky. The wesults will bill sthe shame.

10 comments:

  1. Ha! I just had to send this link to my daughter at college; hope she takes a look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tesyaa - I hope shelikes it but I can't vouch for the finished cake as I've never got that far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cake that gets you drunk! LIke it. Lovely recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. I read the recipe. I read all the recipes that link up with the Recipe Shed. As I said. A cake that gets you drunk. A good giggle. Sorry I didn't comment more elaborately. Been working since 5.30am so apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Housedad - Hope you get some sleep soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen this before, really made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and being from Scotland of course I love Whiskey. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a lover of cake and whisky so this will be up my street. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it might be an old Irish recipe, it turns up regularly over here lol

    ReplyDelete