Thursday, July 5, 2018

Enjoying The Slow Life - R2BC

The empty pots are where we've planted seeds.

The summer full of long days to fill with inspiring and productive activity isn't panning out exactly as planned. No surprise there - it never does. However, it's still a lot less hectic than during the school/college year and a lot of what of what I do during the summer can be done in my pyjamas. Facilitating online English courses if you're wondering. Obviously not with video calls. So all in all, still plenty of Reasons 2B Cheerful this week.

The first full week of the summer holiday was an exercise in easing in slowly. Except for the first day when I was up at 4.30 am. Well that never happened again. As I write, I am still in pyjamas at ..... quite late in the morning. But how wonderful to have the luxury to be able to do that. (Or should that be to not do that?)

My herbs are beginning to sprout.
We skipped the bit with the soaked cotton wool #nopatience
This week I met a friend for breakfast, another friend came for lunch, we finished planting the balcony and some indoor planting too. We've been sitting out of an evening to welcome the cool air that breezes in after 6 pm, admiring the twinkling nightscape view across the hills, and enjoying our little garden oasis. (And being a tad overly poetic it seems :~p. )

I've been spending my mornings grading away and sending reminder letters to my students in a futile desperate attempt to have them mostly done by the end of the month. DD has been at her Summer Camp from 8 till 1. It's at her school so she leaves in the morning and arrives home all under her own steam. She even has a key so I don't have to be here on the dot of 1pm.

Here are some photos of our horticultural activities.

I'm joining the R2BC linky which is back with Michelle on Mummy from the Heart for the month of July.

All is good.


5 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a balcony, well done on getting it planted up and I totally agree with working in your PJs. Mich X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have a balcony, well done on getting it planted up and I totally agree with working in your PJs. Mich X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'll swap you my 5m balcony for your extensive grounds in the English countryside with a lake. (btw, I'm writing in my pjs again. :~) )

      Delete
  3. its good to be able to ease off the brakes a little bit! well done on growing things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes it is. I run to see the pots every morning to see how they are growing. It's like magic!

      Delete