Thursday, February 2, 2017

NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BINCH! - R2BC

Here are my reasons 2B cheerful this week. For more R2BC pop over to Becky's at Lakes Single Mum.

Mint grown from a cutting, on my balcony. About 4 cups of tea's worth I reckon
1
We finished Harry Potter. All seven books in seven months.

At the final fight Bellatrix almost kills Ginny Weasley. Her mother, consumed with maternal fury, jumps up shouting - and I read out loud to DD - NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU! (I missed out the last word).
DD: You Binch.
I looked at her.
DD: I saw it on a You Tube clip. She shouts, "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BINCH!" Mummy, what's a binch?

We finished Harry Potter and I, at least, went out laughing.

2
We have house guests for the night. DD and I babysat for a friend's 6yo and then she came home to sleep over too, rather than wake her son to take him home in the middle of the night. I feel like a student again with a flatmate. No entertaining involved. We're each doing our own thing together separately, iykwim.

3
My sister and b-i-l are here to visit my nephew who is studying in Jerusalem this year. We will be hooking up with them at some time over the weekend - to be finalized.

4
There are 13 weeks of school straight, from after the Hanukkah holiday until the Passover holiday, with only two days off in between. That is correct - no half term. We've done 5 of them so only 8 weeks to go.

5
Its February! This is the beginning of the end of the winter. It's still cold but March is definitely spring-ish so only one more month tops of this uncomfortable chill. I can't complain as it's been a very mild winter so far.

Happy February!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely reasons and I too am seeing signs of Spring and hope. Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate we're going up to 13 degrees tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I was in the Holy Land on pilgrimage in February several years ago and recall that almond trees were in full blossom despite snow. A lovely harbinger of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually seen any almond blossoms yet but you're right, by the end of February they will be in full blossom.

      Delete
  3. Love it when they miss hear! Spring is almost here and I am glad we do get a break as 7 weeks teaching is more than enough ;-) Lovely to have friends and family around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to all of the above. 13 weeks straight is just ridiculous - and the kids have 6 days of school! (OK, they finish early on two of the days but 6 days of getting up early and out of the house for an 8 a.m. start..... Ughhh!

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a fab time with your sister and BIL this weekend. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We had a lovely afternoon yesterday swimming in the hotel pool, lunch and generally catching up.

      Delete
  5. I don't know anyone else who laughed at the end of Harry Potter, that's fabulous. What are you going to read next???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loads of books and keep suggesting something but she can't bring herself to agree to anything that's not Harry Potter. I guess I'll have a few nights off.

      Delete