Saturday, July 22, 2017

Playing Games And Other Reasons 2B Cheerful

Here are my Reasons 2B Cheerful for this week. Pop over to Mummy from the Heart for the Linky.  


1
Wall of fame
There is a wall of photos up in DD's school and I found DD on it. I think this one is from 1st Grade. I love it - including the wet patch on her t-shirt where she would chew it in times of stress.


Up When We Like.
DD's Summer School has finished so we don't have to be up and dressed to get her there at 8 am for another six weeks! Hooray! We are not morning people. Although I'm thinking of trying some sort of Miracle Morning again. I can do all the stuff, it's just getting up to be there to do them is the problem.



Playing Mancala with DD.
There were a number of rules she picked up at school and a number of rules that I half remembered from when the game first came out. We watched some You Tube instructions and settled on our own set of rules by picking and choosing. We had to try a few variations before coming up with the set of rules that makes for the most satisfying game.

I'm going to encourage some more Kalooki and Shesh Besh (Backgammon). It's a long holiday.

4
Homework
Without resorting to long lists of jobs that must be done or sticker charts on the fridge, DD has accepted the fact that we don't play Mancala, or watch a DVD, or have a chapter of her book until she has read a book or book chapter in English and done some maths workbook. So far so good.

5
Goodbye to Narnia
Having written my definitive review on the Chronicles of Narnia, I decided that there is no point in keeping the full set of seven books. Of course you can't keep the two books you like (The Magician's Nephew and The Lion et al.) and expect to get a good price for the others. A set is a set. So I put up the whole lot on our local Facebook Buy, Sell, Swap group and someone came to pick them up, paying me 100nis. Nice.

4 comments:

  1. Well done for selling the books! I'm really rubbish at selling on line - I can't even shift my son's bike. Have a great summer - it sounds like you have the routine sorted xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about the books, I'm also usually rubbish at selling. I usually just give things away. Now I find myself looking around for more stuff to sell, LOL.

      Delete
  2. I've not heard of Mancala before, but it sounds as if you are having fun together and a great rule to have set-up that DD has to do some homework before getting the fun stuff. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very popular here. Look out for it in England, it's a god game and not expensive.

      Delete