Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday Tidbits #41 - Seven And A Half!

Selfie with selfie pose
1
DD: Mummy? I have a question. You get an egg from a chicken, But the chicken is born from an egg. So which came first the chicken or the egg?
Me: That's a very good question.

2
DD (excitedly): What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence?
Me (entering into the spirit): I don't know, what time is it when an Elephant sits on your fence?
DD: (barely able to contain her laughter): Time to get a new fence!
Me: Oh Hahahahahahaha, how funny!
DD: Get it? Time to get a new fence.
Me: I got it.
DD; Yes because if an elephant sits on your fence you have to get a new one because he's so heavy he breaks your fence. Get it?
Me: I got it. It's very funny.
DD: Yes it is, isn't it? (Goes off muttering and giggling to herself...) Time to get a new fence, hahaha, it's time to get a new fence, hahaha.


Selfie with artwork
3
During reading practice I apparently became too impatient and was telling her too many words before she had time to work them out.
DD: Don't help me, I know these words! Stop helping me before I'm ready! I'll tell you when I need help, ok? Now be quiet unless I tell you!
Me: Ok, sorry.
DD: The ...... um ...... the ...... help.

Selfie with  more art work
4
Waking up one morning on the kibbutz.
DD: Wakey wakey!
Me (knowing it was futile to try to get some more sleep): Ok, I'm getting up. (3 minutes later when I'm halfway dressed) Are you getting up then?
DD: zzzz zzzz (soft snoring from beneath the duvet).

5
Last week I told DD it was her half birthday and now she's really 7 1/2. Since then she's been telling me at every opportunity.
Me: Stop when you get to the road.
DD: I know. You don't have to tell me these things. I'm 7 1/2 you know!
Me: Don't go near the stove that pan is spitting a bit.
DD: I am 7 1/2 you know. You don't have to tell me.
Me: Bedtime.
DD: I'm 7 1/2, I know myself  when I'm tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment