Monday, October 28, 2019

Crazy Cousins




Very near my Mum's, on the Watford Way between Elstree and Stanmore (in case anyone is interested in going there and I don't remember what it's called) is the largest (apparently) crazy golf in Europe. 




On a Sunday morning in September I invited my three nephews to join us for a round of crazy golf. "Bring your student cards, I'm paying." That ensured full attendance and we were picked up first thing in the morning at around 10.30. That's bright and early for two students and a recent graduate. 




They can all three of them drive now and the oldest was behind the wheel. We could have walked there but it was a moving experience being driven by my nephews. I remembered taking them on the train for a treat when they were little.

Anyhoo, back to the golf. There are two courses you can choose from - the Jungle or the Dinosaurs. We chose to do 18 holes on the Jungle Course. 




Some of the holes were more crazy than others but they're all designed to be not too difficult. The last thing you want is a queue building up whilst someone is still trying after 100 putts. Even so, there was some nifty footwork employed when necessary and nobody minded. 




The boys were very patient with DD, giving her some guidance over her swing, etc... (I say etc... because I've almost run out of golf jargon.) 

I have no idea what my handicap is and whatever we scored was par for the course, or significantly below par, or just fun. (There, that's all the golf jargon I know.)

We will definitely be visiting again.  


6 comments:

  1. We love crazy golf too, one for us to visit when we go and see the in-laws. Thanks Mich X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth it. If my 24 year old nephew enjoyed it as much as my 10 year old daughter, you can tell it's a great couple of hours activity. It's at Spur Road just before the entrance to junction 4 of the M1.

      Delete
  2. I love your nephew's yellow jersey. :-) Nicola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's what it takes to move you to comment Nicola? I'm not surprised. xxx

      Delete
  3. Haven't done that in years! Looks like a lot of fun and the weather looks as though it was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day. We had one week of fabulous weather and then it rained for two weeks.

      Delete